Monday, November 1, 2010

Marketing is now about building relationships using automation!

Sounds contradictory at first, not so when you think about it in 2010. Met Pramodh, once colleague and digital marketing entrepreneur at Mysore this morning www.mysr.in . He educated me about 'closing the loop' in terms of making connections with customers, prospects, or other groups across digital media. Social media is the most enigmatic and fashionable 'buzz' word today. I am not convinced if it is established in terms of advertising organisations having someone trained and exclusively looking at this, nor am I clear about how pricing or spend levels are determined. Looks like some number is good enough. The old saying about 'half of advertising is a waste and no one can tell which half' sits nicely on digital marketing for now. of course there is lot of interesting work/research happening....my view is about general decision making in this domain.

We discussed an end to end solution for B school enrolment marketing (tough one considering students use the digital media for research and parents; who fund them, use traditional media/word of mouth to form 'impressions') and structure for a course on digital marketing which we plan to offer at the B school I work.

I do not want my blog to be some catharsis or showcase for my thoughts...much rather have diverse views on topics that I put up. If you have read this far, go a little further write in your comments please!

1 comment:

  1. Community and social platform are the next place where retailers and product company are trying to analyse customers. I have something to speak about it but not in this forum :)

    ReplyDelete